Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Religion In School

What could be the biggest mistake that our government has made to the youth of our country? In my view, I believe it was taken away religion in schools. In many cases we see the struggle between common beliefs within the minds of students and words within textbooks. Or on a higher level the words of our nations constitution. Why must we separate religion and state? When the state in which we live, was founded on religion. Do we not pledge allegiance to God while saying our nations pledge. I believe we do. And by doing so, aren’t we bringing religion into the state. I’m not saying that our nation contradicts it’s self, well yes I am. Because our nation can call on God when we want to go to war. However, when student want to call on God for peace within our nations failing school system they can’t.

No comments: